Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Possible Paper Articles

gladwell.com | Bad Stereotyping
race & gender = insufficient info

Blackburn Defends Philosophy
it beats being employed

Singer: How Much Should We Give?
just try to think up a more important topic

The Dark Art of Interrogation
Bowden sez torture is necessary

Can Foreign Aid Work?
didn't expect Kristof to bring up Darfur

NYT Editorial: The White House's Real Agenda
sunday editorials mean Big Picture time

Against Free Speech
but it's free, so it must be good

Is Wal-Mart Good for the Working Class?
Furman: walmart helps poor consumers more than it hurts poor workers. Ehrenreich: I call bs

What pro-lifers miss in the stem-cell debate
love embryos? then hate fertility clinics

Is Worrying About the Ethics of Your Diet Elitist?
since you asked, no

Abstinence campaign hits dead end on HPV

WSJ: White House vs. NYT on bank surveillance
on Keller's "leap of faith" (see below)

Keller's Letter on NYT's Banking Records Report

Is Selling Organs Repugnant?
freakonomicists for a free-market for organs

Should I Become a Professional Philosopher?
hell 2 da naw

2 comments:

Abi said...

I'd do the freedom of speech one, just b/c of the free is good comment, but I don't want to read about Nazi's, lol. I had to hear enough about that in my 8th grade reading class, and I so hated that teacher, lol.

I'll tell you which one I pick in school though!

However, I'm not gonna have the HW, lol.

Abi said...

ZOMG! ZOMBIES! VOMG! VAMPIRES! We didn't tell you our args in school today! o.O

I guess I should tell you in my comment??? lol

I wanna use the arg "What pro-lifers are missing in the stem-cell debate." b/c I want to tear apart this guy's arg! XD lol. Don't worry; I'll be completely just in my evaluation, lol.